Wednesday, December 10, 2008

one more post and then two responses :)

Well I just want to say that this semester has gone by so fast. But it's been a pretty good semester. And my experience with New Testament has been a great one. I think my professor Dr. Holzapfel would be proud to know that I really do feel that I have gotten to know Jesus Christ and the time He lived in so much better. And it is wonderful to be able to have knowledge that one can share one with another. I also love that the world has ongoing scholarship, helping us know more about Jesus Christ and the time period within He lived. I also know a few people going on trips to Jerusalem and when they talk about places they will be going, it's so fun to know what happened there. I find it enlightening that I have learned the facts from the fiction, and understand where Christians have improvised in how we see some of the stories. I probably haven't been the best student this year but it's been a great year. A class that I've shared with my husband and have learned immense things that have brought me closer to truly understanding the life of Jesus Christ my Savior. 

1 comment:

Cali said...

There are these books called The Life and Teachings of Jesus Christ. I think your teacher had a hand in writing them. Anywho- they sound really interesting. All about the historical and cultural settings of Christ's life. You should check them out.